Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Randomness...

So another day has come and gone and here we are...

Are you a better person than when the day started? That's a good question. I'll have to think on that one for a while, but shouldn't we all try to better ourselves everyday?

So what do you do when you don't know what to do? I've been trying to figure this one out for a while.

How is it that God can bring peace in the middle of nothing? Nothing significant happened today; just more trying to get things worked and figured out. I was driving to pick up my kids from school, worries of life going through my head, when a song came on the radio. I began to sing with the radio (without even really thinking about it), a smile crept up on my face, and I felt a peace.

I miss being in the mix of local ministry. I was thinking about that today as well. I miss getting services together, pesky teens, teaching and preaching God's Word on a regular basis, having something to do, and so on. I really don't know what God has in store for us next but I really can't wait to get there.

I love my kids. Today they were very hyper after school. I kept asking them to calm down. I don't guess it could have had anything to do with the red Kool-Aid or chocolate cookies...But as I was sitting there wondering how in the world they get "E"s on their conduct in school I thought back to when I was a kid and thanked God they don't act like I did at times. They do make me laugh often and I couldn't be a prouder dad.

I love my wife. Guys, have you ever just walked up on your wife and be taken back by her? Today I was walking to the bedroom and Debra was in the bathroom putting her hair back. As she caught my eye I thought, "WOW, my wife is hot!" When I was a kid I used to go to Astroworld and you would always see these good looking girls with the goofiest and ugliest guys and it would make you wonder "Why?" Who knew I would later become one of those guys. How many kids have thought "Why?" when we have walked by?

Why when the time comes to go against my dad in fantasy football does one of my main guys get hurt? At the time I am undefeated and ranked #1 having scored more points than anyone else in our league (12 guys). Me and my day are 2 of the 3 undefeated guys left. My 2nd overall points getter (Andre Johnson) was injured at the end of this past Sundays game against the Panthers. It was released today that he will not play this weekend against the Colts. This is the same week I have to face my dad. Life's not fair, if he wins I won't hear the end of it.

Anyways, I am just rambling and making no sense of anything and I have to get up extra early to help Debra's dad with a job so I will call it a night.

2 comments:

debra parker said...

i love you.

and i am so taken by you...

Heather said...

Great post. I feel we are in the same place. Not really knowing what the future holds as far as hubs job and ministry and honestly after 7 months it's getting hard to hold on. though we know that God holds our future and somehow, someway he will work it all out.